The Agnes Street Improvement Project between Atlantic Avenue and Bullis Road is nearing completion. The City of Lynwood Public Works Department started work on this project in August 2020 and includes 0.8 miles (4,200 feet).
The Agnes Avenue Street, Water, and Sewer Improvement Project consists of:
- Partial removal and replacement of concrete sidewalk, curb/gutter, driveways and curb ramps,
- Removal and reconstruction of portions of street sections exhibiting signs of base failure,
- Removal and replacement of portions of native soil as needed,
- Grind and overlay with new asphalt the entire street section,
- Adjustment to grade all storm drain/sewer/utility maintenance hole covers,
- Provision of all traffic striping, markings, curb painting, house addresses and signage,
- Water and sewer repairs consisting of removal and installation of new water main, resilient-wedge valves, service line, smart water meters, and removal/construction of sewer main and sewer laterals,
- Includes three roundabouts at Muriel Drive, Harris Avenues, and 1st Avenue to help reduce speeding to keep drivers, residents and the neighborhood safer.
You can read more about this project and see more photos in the March issues of the LNP (delivered to your home and available on the City of Lynwood website).
Thank you to the nearby residents for their patience during construction.