Residents can take an active role in stopping illegal dumping that happens daily on the streets and alleys of our city. Unreported illegal dumping results in more dumping as criminals find an easy location for dumping and keep coming back. To assist in catching criminals, temporary cameras are bieng installed to monitor illegal dumping sites periodically around the city. If convicted, you will be fined.
Per Penal Code 374.3. A person convicted of a violation shall be punished by a fine of:
• ($250 -$1,000) for the First conviction
• ($500- $1,500) for the Second conviction
• ($750 – $3,000) for the Third conviction
Per Vehicle Code 23112.7 A person who places, deposits, or dumps, or causes to be placed, deposited, or dumped, waste in commercial quantities shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than six months and by a fine.
The fine is mandatory and shall amount to:
• ($1,000 – $3,000) for the First conviction
• ($3,000 – $6,000) for the Second conviction
• ($6,000 – $10,000) for the Third conviction