It’s the most wonderful time of the year! But this year, you must change your regular plans with friends and family as COVID-19 case rates surge in Los Angeles County leaving hospitals with ZERO ICU beds.
We ask you to celebrate the Christmas holidays safely and, unfortunately, that means you should not have that big Christmas family gathering.
Here are some tips to stay safe this week from the State of California’s Health Department:
- Be clear: Say “no” to anything that could increase risk for you or the people you care about
- Offer alternatives: Ask if there’s another way to connect with family. Acknowledge you want to see them and find a different way to share the experience.
- Drop off holiday meals for older loved ones and those with medical conditions, so they can stay home
- Plan safe celebrations well in advance, then stick to the plan
- Be honest: Remind people that you care about them and need to take precautions this year for everyone’s health
- Plan celebrations with multiple households
- Make someone feel guilty for not wanting to gather in person
- Ridicule someone for wanting to take precautions
- Feel pressured to take risks you’re not comfortable with
- Forget to be compassionate, even when turning down an invitation
- Miss connecting by phone or virtually with isolated or quarantined loved ones
For more guidance:
State of California: https://covid19.ca.gov/holidays/
Please stay safe, we want to see you in 2021!