When Lynwood City Hall opens on Tuesday, May 26, residents will find that things have changed. The COVID-19 virus is still very active and causing people to get sick, so the city is taking steps to ensure a safe environment for our employees and people who need to come to the city.
To gain entrance into a city building will be by appointment only. Residents can call 310-603-0220 or make the appointment online: http://lynwood.ca.us/appointment-directory/
Even if you just want to pay your water bill, you must make an appointment.
Anyone who exhibits signs of sickness and/or doesn’t have an appointment will NOT be allowed entrance into the building.
For anyone entering a City building, the following things will happen:
1. A temperature check with an infrared thermometer will be conducted. If your temperature is over 99.0 degrees, you won’t be admitted.
2. A mask must be worn at all times. We have an ample supply of masks if you don’t have one.
3. You must practice safe distance. There will be signage on the floor to help with compliance.
4. Hand sanitizing must occur at the entry to the building. We will have sanitizer available.
5. All persons will have their shoes disinfected.
City Hall North will remain closed for construction. Plexiglass barriers are being installed at the City Hall North counter as well as physical doors to prohibit public access into the staff areas.
This is going to take a community effort. Your city officials are checking with LA County Public Health every day and we plan to move quickly as events warrant in order to make sure we are staying aggressive in fighting COVID-19!
Thanks for your help.