The Lynwood City Council voted last night to establish an Oversight Committee for Measure LH Funds.
Measure LH is on the November 3 ballot. If passed, it will impose a 3% gross receipts tax on for-profit hospitals.
The Measure LH Oversight Committee will review expenditures of LH Funds, inform the public of the expenditures and report annually to the City Council on the Committee’s activity.
Measure LH funds will be deposited in the General Fund. General Funds may be used for any municipal purpose, which may include:
- Helping residents recover from the impacts of COVID-19
- Maintaining and enhancing our public safety
- Developing affordable housing
- Infrastructure improvement projects
- Parks and recreations programs and services