Your tax dollars are at work as Lynwood Public Works crews work to repair sidewalks and curbs, clean debris and bulky items from streets and alleys and perform many other duties.
Some of the tasks performed by Public Works crews include:
- Repaired a severely damaged sidewalk on Third Ave making it a safe walking space for residents.
- Painted curbs and street legends throughout Lynwood for safer driving.
- Cleaned trash, bulky items and debris from 94 miles of alleys citywide – items collected include furniture and appliances, hypodermic needles, construction debris, yard waste and discarded household items.
- Removed 588 square feet of graffiti from City parks and facilities.
- Cleaned bus shelters across the City.
- Repaired potholes throughout the City.
- Cleaned all City of Lynwood facilities to ensure a safe, COVID-19 free environment for both City employees and residents. Areas visited by the public are sanitized hourly.
This is just a small sample of the work completed each week by the City of Lynwood to make sure your City is safe and clean.