Last week, Lynwood’s Public Works crews were making sure our streets are clearly marked and safe for drivers and pedestrians.
Some of the work included:
- New street signs on Santa Fe Ave.
- Repainting curbs and street legends (for safer driving and street crossing) at State St., Tenaya Ave., Long Beach Bl. and Palm Ave.
- Repainted more 2,500 feet of red curbing on Santa Fe Ave., Euclid Ave., Peach St., Banning Ave., Flower St., Long Beach Bl., Atlantic Ave., and Palm Ave.
This work was in addition to:
- Clearing seven alleys of illegally dumped items and debris as part of the 10-14-day rotation to ensure the City’s alleys are cleaned on a regular basis,
- Preventing weeds from growing in seven locations around the City,
- Washing and servicing 83 bus stops,
- And picking up illegally dumped items around the City – from furniture to car parts.
Reminder: If you have unwanted items, you can donate them, take them to landfills, or you can sell them during the April 2-3 Yard Sale Weekend (check @mylynwoodca on FB, IG and Twitter for more info).