How are those mustaches growing? Mid-November is also mid-MOvember and those taking the Movember Challenge are making progress.
Still want to participate?
Here are the rules to participate in the Lynwood Movember Challenge:
1. Start November 1 with a clean-shaven face
2. Grow and groom your mustache through the entire month of November
3. No fake mustaches, please. Goatees and beards don’t count.
4. Use the power of your ‘stache to create conversations about men’s health
Here are the five things men need to know to stay healthy (from https://us.movember.com/mens-health/general):
1. Spend time with people who make you feel good – Stay connected. Your friends are important and spending time with them is good for you. Catch up regularly, check in and make time.
2. Talk More – You don’t need to be an expert and you don’t have to be the sole solution, but being there for someone, listening and giving your time can be lifesaving.
3. Know the numbers – At 50, talk to your doctor about prostate cancer and whether it’s right for you to have a PSA test. If you are African American or have a father or brother with prostate cancer, you should be having this conversation at 45. Know your numbers, know your risk, talk to your doctor.
4. Know thy nuts – Get to know what’s normal for your testicles. Give them a check regularly and go to the doctor if something doesn’t feel right.
5. Move, more – Add more activity to your day.
To participate in Lynwood’s Movember Challenge, register at: https://moteam.co/city-of-lynwood?mc=1