The City of Lynwood is working with other agencies to clean encampments and debris along Caltrans property and other areas of the City.
Last week, the following areas were cleared:
- Long Beach Blvd. west and the 105 freeway exit,
- 2900 Fernwood Ave.- a major abatement of debris on a city lot, in coordination with and assistance to Caltrans,
- 3221 Beechwood Ave debris removal,
- 3221 Beechwood Ave. pressure washed sidewalk to remove transient debris,
- Beechwood Plaza Mexico weed abatement on the parkway,
- 3680 Imperial Hwy – debris cleanup street and sidewalk front medical building at the request of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Lynwood Public Works crews completed the above work in addition to the tasks they perform every week including:
- Cleared 11 City alleys on the 10-14-day rotation to ensure Lynwood’s alleys are cleaned on a regular basis,
- Repaired nearly 250 potholes across the City,
- Cleaned weeds and/or debris from 67 locations across Lynwood.
If you see illegal dumping, potholes or something that needs the City’s attention, you can submit a Request for Service, residents can do the following:
– Call City Hall at (310) 603-0220
– Visit the City’s website at http://lynwood.ca.us/submit-request/