The City of Lynwood’s Public Works Department kept busy during the week-long rainstorm.
The Department was out in force addressing build-up and debris in catch basins to ensure efficiency of the system during the rainstorm which prevents street flooding.
The Department also continued its regular work of clearing streets and alleys of debris and bulky items. Listed is some of the work they performed:
– Filled FOUR dump trucks of debris and bulky items at the Harris and Lugo alley.
– Cleared alleys at Cortland and Ernestine and First and Second Avenues between Agnes and Lavinia.
– Removed a large bin of construction debris dumped at Bullis Road and Fernwood.
– Cleared carts and debris along Imperial near the I-710.
– Cleared weeds on the both sides of Long Beach Blvd.
– Repaired pothole throughout the City.
The work continues and we’ll report progress on keeping the streets clean and safe as well as new projects that will improve life in Lynwood.