Need tips on how to protect against theft?
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputies from Century Station has the information you need. This week they will be distributing information with safety tips to help Lynwood residents guard against armed, home and car burglary.
The tips include:
– Do not have packages delivered to your front porch.
– Do not keep valuables in your car, even if locked.
– Do not leave item unattended while out in public.
– Do not put empty boxes for new items by the trash.
– If you see something, say something.
The flyers will be distributed by the Sheriff’s Deputies to businesses along Imperial Highway, Long Beach Blvd., Atlantic Blvd., and Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. Flyers will also be available at the Sheriff’s Department Century Station and Lynwood City Hall.
This is part of an ongoing effort to lower crime rates in the City of Lynwood and improve the quality of life for its residents. Sheriff’s Deputies are also increasing its Foot Patrol Operation to deter crime while also meeting residents and business owners.
If you need to contact the Sheriff’s Department, here are the numbers:
Emergency – 911
Non-emergencies – 323-568-4800