In an effort to keep Lynwood clean, the City’s Public Works crews clear alleys of illegally dumped trash and debris on a 10-14-day rotation.
Last week, the crews cleaned the following alleys?
- Brenton Ave. and St Emydius alley
- Atlantic Ave. west and Linden St. alley abatement from Imperial Hwy. to MLK Blvd.
- Imperial Hwy. south and Winchell’s alley between Pine Ave. and Linden Ave.
- Clark St. alley at Atlantic Ave. to Millrace Ave.
- Lavinia Ave. and Third Ave alley to Agnes Ave.
- Lavinia Ave. and Fourth Ave. alley to Agnes Ave.
- Atlantic Ave. west from Lavinia Ave. to Agnes Ave.
Items cleared were construction waste, furniture, old tires, wood pallets, old paint and other types of trash.
Reminder – you can be invoiced for the cost of illegally dumping on public property. Last week, three households received invoices. Trust us – it is cheaper to take your unwanted items to a dump than to illegally dump and pay for the clean-up.
Let’s work together to keep Lynwood clean!