This week Lynwood Public Works crews cleared 10 alleys (that’s 53,750 square feet) of illegally dumped items, weeds and other debris. All City alleys are on a 10-to-14-day schedule to ensure consistent service.
This week the alleys included:
- Lavinia and Fourth alley to Agnes
- Lavinia and Third alley to Agnes
- Lavinia and Second alley to Agnes
- 4815 Olanda Carlin alley from Halo to Olanda
- 11400 block Atlantic east 7-11 alley
- Atlantic west from Lavinia to Josephine Lavinia and First
- 4301 Cortland alley from Elm to Atlantic
- Josephine and First alley to Agnes
- Josephine and Second alley to Agnes
They also performed the following tasks:
- Repaired more than 67 potholes including 44 at St. Emydius Norton alley
- Removed 1,076 square feet of graffiti from Lynwood parks
- Collected illegally dumped items throughout the City, including furniture, appliances, bags of rotten food, car tires and so much more.
That’s just a small sample of the work crews do every week to keep Lynwood clean and safe.
This is also a reminder that households will be billed if they are found to have illegally dumped items in Lynwood. This week two households were invoiced for staff time, equipment and other fees when Lynwood Public Works crews had to clean up their mess.