Utility Billing and Collections FAQ’s

How do I apply for or close water and/or trash service?

To open or close service contact the Billing and Collections Division at (310) 603-0220, Ext. 290 to obtain information on service forms, location of City Hall and water deposit amount required.

How do I change the mailing address for my bill?

To change the mailing address the account holder must fill out the change of address form and provide a copy of their ID, for verification purposes.  Copies of the form can be requested in person, via phone at (310) 603-0220 ext. 290 or printed using the link below.


How do I file a complaint or make a service request for Water Service or Trash Service?

To file a written complaint, residents are encouraged to come to Lynwood City Hall to complete an appropriate complaint form, or file a complaint on this site through the Request for Service Online Communications System. To file a complaint regarding water meter reads, contact the Billing & Collections Division at (310) 603-0220, Ext. 290. To file a complaint regarding trash service, contact the Environmental Services Department at (310) 603-0220, Ext. 287.

Why is invoice payment process so lengthy?

All invoices received in the City of Lynwood are properly routed to the department or division responsible for purchase. Upon receiving invoice, the division manager verifies receipt of goods or services before authorizing payment. The invoice is then routed to the Accounting Division for payment. A warrant (check) is prepared along with the Warrant Run for City Council Approval. Once the City Council approves the issuance of all warrants at the City Council meeting, which are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month, then the City Treasurer’s signature is obtained. The warrants are then released for pick-up or mailing.  For more information regarding vendor payments, please contact:

My water meter is leaking, whom do I call?

Call Utility Services Division ext. 800.

Who do I contact to my water turned on or off?

Depending on situation if new account resident must go to Water Billing to open an account and get water turned on.  If there is a problem with a leak in plumbing they should call Utility Services to turn off water at extension 800.

Who do I call to report low water pressure?

Call Utility Services at ext. 800.

Who do I call about the taste and order of my water?

Call Utilities Services at ext. 800.

Who do I call to discuss payment of my water bill?

Call Water Billing Department at ext. 290