In the past several years, Lynwood residents have seen a significant investment in replacement and repair of our streets, sidewalks, curbs, as well as water and sewer upgrades.
Well over 1.3 million square feet of our streets have been repaired, city crews have filled tens of thousands of potholes and cleaned more than two million square feet of alleys plus completing numerous other public works projects.
Expect to see many more Community Improvement Projects this coming year. Lynwood city leaders are pushing for an acceleration of the public works improvements in our city.
Plans and specifications have been finalized for a project that will include street improvements and resurfacing, some repair of concrete sidewalks, curbs and gutters, driveways approaches, and curb ramps as well as traffic signing and striping.
Bids went out last month and will be opened April 14th. They include work on the following Lynwood streets
• Alvada Street from Virginia Ave to Duncan Ave
• San Carlos Avenue from Alley to Abbott Rd
• San Juan Avenue from Alley to Abbott Rd
• San Luis Avenue from City Limit to Alma Ave
• San Vicente Avenue from City Limit to Abbott Rd
• Thorson Avenue from Carlin Ave to City Limit
Once the Council approves the contracts, work will get underway. We will let you know more specifics as we get closer to the work beginning.
There are nearly another dozen other projects that are on the drawing board including:
- Sidewalk repair and replacement
- A cooperative agreement with the city of Compton for street improvement projects on Stoneacre Ave and McMillan Street
- Wright Road Street improvements between Fernwood and Duncan Avenues
- Many Traffic and Signal Improvements including:
- at the intersection of Atlantic and Carlin Avenues
- at the intersection of Imperial Highway and Atlantic Avenue
- at the intersection of Alameda St. and Martin Luther King Blvd
Expect to be hearing about and seeing lots of activity in the coming months as your city workers continue the work to improve our community.