Two million dollars in significant street improvement is expected to begin later this year. Without a
system of well-maintained streets, vehicles have a tough time moving through the city.
The city-wide slurry street improvement program will be performed in phases. The first grouping of
streets include the following areas:
- Josephine Street – from State Street to Long Beach Boulevard -from Bullis Road to Muriel Drive
- Ernestine Avenue – from Walnut Avenue to Lugo Avenue – from Agnes Street to Louise Street/E.O.P.
- Gertrude Drive from Agnes Street to Cortland Street
- Muriel Drive from Walnut Avenue to Platt Avenue
- Lugo Avenue from Muriel Drive to Harris Avenue
- Louise Street from Gertrude Drive to Muriel Drive
These projects are just a small percentage of the expected $20 million the city plans to spend to improve our streets in the coming year. This will include speed humps throughout the City in accordance with the newly adopted speed hump policy.
One final note: Routine Street repair by your Public Works Department will continue.