Lynwood’s Public Works crews painted nearly 5,500 feet of crosswalks, legends, stop ahead markings, slow school crossing markings and arrows over the intersection at Mark Twain Elementary School (Carlin Ave. and Thorson Ave.).
The intersection was damaged by burnout marks, which is illegal and dangerous. You can report burnout activity by calling Century Station at 323-568-4800.
Painting the intersection was in addition to the work Lynwood crews do every week to pick-up illegally dumped items, weed abatement, pothole repairs and so much more to keep our City clean and safe.
Last week, crews cleaned the following alleys on the 10-14-day rotation (94 miles of alleys citywide):
- Palm Carlin south alley from Muriel to Bullis
- Cortland south alley from Harris to Elm
- 11600 Atlantic east alley from Cortland to Fernwood
- 11600 Virginia east alley from Cortland to Fernwood
- 11600 Pope east alley from Cortland to Fernwood
- Duncan west alley from Los Flores to MLK
- Linden Atlantic west full alley Los Flores to MLK
- Atlantic east alley from Los Flores to MLK
- Virginia east alley from Los Flores to MLK
- Shirley to MLK north alley
- Second Street and Lavinia
- Third Street and Lavinia alley
- Fourth Street and Lavinia alley)
- Atlantic west and Lavinia alley abatement
Our Public Works crews work so hard, especially in the summer heat. Please don’t add to their work by dumping items in public spaces. If you are found to have dumped items, you will be invoiced for the cost of clean-up.
Let’s all work together to keep Lynwood clean!