Last week, Lynwood’s Public Works crews filled truckloads of illegally dumped items including furniture, clothing, food waste, car parts and many, many Christmas trees.
There are ways to dispose of your unwanted items safely and legally, including:
- Donate unwanted items to charities
- Call Bulky Item pick-up at 888-467-7600
- Take your items to a nearby landfill. Find one at: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/eh/business/landfill-facilities.htm
Any of the above options are less expensive than getting an invoice for illegally dumping items in Lynwood. Did you know last week that three households were billed for staff time, equipment costs and other costs the City of Lynwood incurred to clean up their mess? Yes, properly disposing of items is much less expensive than illegal dumping.
In addition to cleaning up other peoples’ messes, the City of Lynwood’s Public Works crews performed the following tasks (not a complete list):
- Cleaned 8 alleys of illegally dumped items and debris as part of a 10-14-day rotation to keep the City’s alleys clean,
- Repaired more than 120 potholes citywide,
- Cleaned more than 500 feet of graffiti on City property,
- Repaired street signs and other street safety markers throughout the City
- Pressure-washed 53 bus stops,
- And so much more!
Thank you to our crews for working to keep Lynwood safe and clean!