Lynwood Public Works crews clear the City’s alleys of trash and debris on a 10-14-day rotational schedule to ensure that they are cleaned on a regular basis. Last week, crews cleaned 11 alleys on this schedule, which was more than 180,000 square feet. The alleys cleaned included:
- Pope Ave. west alley from Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd to Los Flores Blvd. (35,750 square feet)
- Carlin Ave. south alley from Atlantic Ave. to Olanda St. (19,000 square feet)
- The 5100 block of the Clark St. alley (6,750 square feet)
- Atlantic Ave. east alley from Fernwood Ave. to Cortland St. (9,000 square feet)
- 11600 block of the El Granada Ave. alley from Fernwood Ave. to Cortland St. (9,000 square feet)
- Pope Ave. west alley from Fernwood Ave. to Cortland St. (9,000 square feet)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd/Shirley Ave. alley from Ernestine Ave. to Atlantic Ave. (35,000 square feet)
- Cortland St. south alley from Harris Ave. to Atlantic Ave. (13,000 square feet)
- Imperial Hwy. south (Winchell’s alley) from Pine Ave. to Linden St. (6,600 square feet)
- Atlantic Ave. west Linden St. alley from Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd to Los Flores Blvd. (32,000 square feet)
- 4800 Olanda St./Carlin Ave. north alley (6,000 square feet)
Crews cleaned more than 94 miles of alleys throughout the city – that includes the alleys on the rotational schedule as well as others due to service or staff requests (usually large illegal dumping sites).
This is a big job that crews completed in addition to the following tasks (small sample list):
- Picked-up abandoned items at more than 62 locations through the City.
- Washed and serviced 88 bus stops
- Removed and replaced damaged sidewalks on Cedar Ave. and Alpine Ave.
- Repaired potholes throughout the City
- Removed graffiti in parks, sidewalks, facilities, on signs and buildings that are not serviced by the city graffiti contractor
Thank you to our Public Works crews for all they do to keep our City clean and safe.