Last week, Lynwood’s Public Works cleaned seven alleys of illegally dumped items and debris as part of the 10-14-day rotation to keep the City’s alleys clean. The alleys cleaned include:
- Brenton Ave. / St. Emydius alley – items cleaned include multiple mattresses, multiple dressers, bedframe, igloo doghouse, large piles of appliance boxes full trash, a large gas BBQ and debris,
- Brewster Ave. south from Atlantic Ave. to Harris Ave. – items cleared include multiple mattresses, lawn bags full of trash and food waste, piles of plywood and furniture, piles of palm branches, a mirror, a car door, a 65 gallon can full trash and debris,
- Carlin Ave. south from Atlantic Ave. to Olanda St. – items cleared include multiple piles of large tires, mattresses, bags full beer bottles, piles of clothes, five-gallon buckets of oil and paint and debris,
- Cortland St. south alley from Atlantic Ave. to Elm Ave. – items cleared include piles of debris, boxes, packing materials and food containers,
- Lugo Ave. south alley from Bullis Rd. to Gertrude Dr. – items cleared include two couches, a pile of six tires, a bedframe, a large pile of used wood shelves and wood boxes, and piles of toys,
- Atlantic Ave. east from Blount Pl. to Olanda St. – items include a six-foot-high bird parrot cage, debris, and piles dead branches, and
- Long Beach Bl. east alley from Burton Ave. to Magnolia Ave. – items cleared include piles loose trash and food waste, plastic pallets, multiple tarps, and boxes full rotted fruit and debris.
Please note that you can responsibly dispose of your unwanted items by calling Bulky Item Pickup at (888) 467-7600.
Mark your calendar for the Lynwood Spring Clean-up hosted by the City of Lynwood and Waste Resources
Saturday, May 21
Location: Corner of Bellinger Street & Butler Avenue
8am – 2pm
Bring your unwanted items and keep Lynwood’s streets and alleys clean!