The City of Lynwood allows yard and/or garage sales on private property three (3) time a year during scheduled citywide yard/garage sale dates. Below are the remaining dates for the citywide yard/garage sale in the 2021 calendar year.
- August 7 and 8
- December 4 and 5
Yard/Garage Sale Fee
The current fee for a Yard/Garage Sale permit is $10 for non-seniors and no charge ($0) for seniors.
Yard/Garage Sale Application
To obtain a Yard/Garage Sale permit residents fill out the Yard/Garage Sale Permit application. You can printout the application from the City’s website (http://lynwood.ca.us/), fill it out and email it along with photo ID and proof of residency to email@example.com. Once approved, your application will be returned by email stamped, which you would then present at the City Hall Cashier’s office, pay the $10 fee and obtain the permit. You may also come into City Hall (11330 Bullis Road) to fill out an application at the Community Development Department.
Proof of Residency
Whomever is having the yard/garage sale must show a valid photo I.D. and proof of residency at the address of the sale. The below documents are acceptable forms for showing proof of residency. Please note the document must have the same address as the site for the yard/garage sale.
- Current Photo ID
- Rental/lease agreement with signatures of the owner/landlord and the tenant/resident
- Deed/title to residential real property
- Mortgage bill
- Home utility bill (including cellular phones).
- Employment document
- Insurance document including medical, dental, vision, life, home, rental, and vehicle
- California vehicle/vessel Certificate of Title or registration
- The resident who is issued the permit must be present at the yard/garage sale at all times.
- Inclement weather will not cause the yard/garage sale to be made up on a different date.
- The merchandise offered for sale shall consist of the resident’s personal goods only. New merchandise, items acquired, or consigned for the purpose of resale may not be sold
- The selling of food and/or beverages at a yard/garage sale is prohibited.
- Yard/garage sales can only be conducted on the dates included on the permit and during the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- There may be no posting of signs within the public right-of way or on poles, traffic lights, etc.
- The permit must be posted in a conspicuous location where it may be viewed from the street.
- In the event of apartments, multi-party or block sales, each address or unit where goods are offered for sale must have their own individual permit.
Please be aware that the Public Safety Division is always out in full force during these weekends to ensure all residents are abiding by these rules.
If you have any questions regarding yard/garage sales, please call the Business License Officer, Erik Garcia, at (310) 603-0220 Ext 314 or by